What's a Basselele (pronounced bass eh lay lay)? It'a a 30 inch ukulele with some special strings that produces the same pitches as a standard bass guitar and is tuned in traditional bass tuning (EADG). So you can play it instead of a full size bass.
You get less frets, so keep that in mind, but it's easier to carry, lighter on the shoulders and sounds very much like a upright bass.
- Did Honu Ukuleles invent the Basselele?
- No, we just came up with a better name
- short scale (21") basses have been around for a while and have been made popular by several different manufacturers
- So why should I buy a Honu Basselele?
- A honu Basselele has the same build quality and care of build as a Honu Ukulele. Always made with solid Koa and a mahogany neck
- Can i get it without electronics
- no, since this is a small scale instrument, it's quite quiet without an amp, and thus we won't make one without electronics.